Questions and Answers regarding the mediteo-app
Here you can see, if your question regarding our app is already answered. If you can’t find a fitting answer here, feel free to contact us via the contact form and let us know your question.
General Questions about the App (9)
mediteo is a free mobile app for both iOS and Android with the aim to help you take your medication correctly. The app is available in the App Store and Google Play Store. Simply put, we want to help you stay on top of your medication, which includes taking them on time and being motivated and empowered to learn more about what you are taking and why. In a few steps you can set up your medications and intake times – from that point forward mediteo will remind you any time an intake is scheduled. We additionally provide official leaflet information for every medication which is part of our database, so you will have the chance to learn more about it every day.
No, you do not need an account. However, you can create a password protected personal account with CGM LIFE. Creating an account helps us to offer you the best possible service:
- You can log in to your account on other devices
- No other people using your phone will be able to see which medication you are taking
- You can decide whether you want to receive personalized notifications.
Your data protection is our top priority and our core value. We use state of the art methods to make sure your data are secured, anonymised and encrypted so that no one (including us) can find out which medication you are taking. For further information about data security, please feel free to ask our service team at [email protected].
Using connections to different medication databases, we can offer a comprehensive search of all medications listed in Germany, Italy, and France. However, you can only search for medication in your current location. If your medication is missing from the list, please let us know. For more information, please visit:
To ensure the highest data security, all mediteo data is encrypted. Thus, most backup methods won’t work.
Android: Currently, we only offer the CGM LIFE account. Using it, you can sync your medication data and therefore transfer it to your new device. Just log into your account on both devices.
Please note that system-specific and Google’s backups are not able to restore the medical data.
iOS: We offer the CGM LIFE account (see Android) and the encrypted iTunes backup. When using iTunes, please ensure to set up TouchID or PassCode on your device or provide a password when you do a backup. Otherwise, the encryption key will not be transferred and mediteo will not be able to decrypt your data on the new device.
Please note that iCloud backups are not able to restore the medical data.
Your feedback is very important to us as it will allow mediteo to be of even greater help in the future. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement for mediteo, or in case you encountered a problem, please do not hesitate to contact us via email to [email protected]. You can also use the Contact Us form in the App, which you can access via the “More” page. We look forward to receiving your feedback!
No, mediteo is not able to make a diagnosis or give advice about medication and dosage. We recommend to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any doubts about your therapy.
Unfortunately the synchronization functionality is limited at present. If you have an electronic health record in CGM LIFE or an ARZNEIMITTELKONTO (AMK) NRW, you can connect mediteo with this account and use it to synchronize your medication list across several devices (e.g. tablet and smartphone). However, your marked intakes and measurements will not be synchronized. Therefore we recommend that you choose one device to track your intakes. Our team is working hard on providing access to all your data from several devices. In case this is a feature you don’t want to miss, please let us know by sending a message via the contact form in the app or [email protected].
CGM LIFE and AMK (5)
CGM LIFE is an electronic health record, in which your encrypted medication data can be saved so that only you can access them. In order to connect mediteo with your CGM LIFE account, tap the CGM LIFE option on the Welcome page or on your Profile page and enter your CGM LIFE credentials.
The advantage of connecting mediteo with your CGM LIFE account is that medication prescribed by participating doctors or handed out by participating pharmacists can directly be shown in mediteo so that it only takes one click to set up reminders for them. In addition, you can keep track of your medication on several devices and access your data in case you lose your device or buy a new one.
If you do not have a CGM LIFE account yet you can easily register for it in mediteo. Tap the CGM LIFE option on the Welcome screen or on the Profile page and then tap “Register”. You will then be guided through the necessary steps for registration.
The synchronization of your medication data with your CGM LIFE account takes place automatically at regular intervals or when you restart mediteo. You can also manually start the synchronization if you go to the top of the Treatments page and then pull down the page.
To disconnect your CGM LIFE account from mediteo tap the logout icon in the top right corner of the Profile page and continue using mediteo without synchronization.
If you are participating in the ARZNEIMITTELKONTO NRW project, you can use mediteo to easily access your Arzneimittelkonto. For this purpose log in to your account from the Welcome page or the Profile page using your AMK NRW credentials. All treatments prescribed by your doctor will automatically appear in your account, as well as the treatments prescribed by specialists or dispensed by pharmacists who you granted access to your account.
Setting up Medications and Intakes (Therapy Plan) (10)
You can add anything you can possibly think of to mediteo – from prescription drugs to wellness exercises. We have set up autocompletion for adding your medication in the search bar to make it as fast and easy as possible for you to choose the correct medication. However, of course you can also add your own medication in case it is missing from the data base or it is an independent entry (e.g. a glass of water to remind you to drink regularly).
To add a treatment to your list in mediteo please follow these steps:
- Open mediteo, navigate to the “Treatments” page and tap the “+” button (in the top right corner on iOS, in the bottom right corner on Android).
- Now you can type in the medication name or, after tapping the barcode symbol in the top right corner, scan the barcode of your medication package.
- Pick your medication from the list by tapping on it. If your medication is not in our database: Tap on “Add it anyway”.
- Customize category, shape and color of your medication and tap “Next”.
- You are now in the reminder menu: choose the option that best fits your needs. You can also pick the start and end date of your therapy (e.g. if you only need to take an antibiotic for 10 days).
- Now select unit, time and dosage of your intakes. For As needed medication you can enter the amount and unit of a single dose, which will make the addition of single intakes for your As needed medication even easier.
- The next screen will allow you to choose whether and when you would like to receive refill reminders for your medication.
Once you are finished tap “Done”. Your newly added medication will now be shown on your treatment list. Tap on the treatment card to change the data for your medication.
If the medication you would like to add does not appear in the search field, you can add it manually. Tap on “Add it anyway”, which will be available underneath the search bar, and proceed with choosing the shape and color of your medication.
To change the data for your treatments (e.g. if you would like to change the intake times), tap on the treatment card of the medication on the Treatments page. On the following page you can tap on the different fields and change all your data.
There are several ways to remove a treatment from your list of current treatments: if you tap the card of the treatment on the Treatment page, then on the following page you will be able to stop your treatment by tapping “Stop medication”. This will remove the medication from your treatment list. On Android you can tap “…” in the top right corner of the Treatment page or hold down on the treatment card to mark a treatment and then remove it from your list by tapping “Stop medication” in the top right corner. On iOS you can move the card of the corresponding medication on the Treatment page to the left and confirm this action by tapping “Stop”.
When you remove a treatment all future reminders are automatically deleted. All marked intakes remain in your calendar and you can review your stopped medication on the History tab of the Treatment page.
You can add single intakes for all treatments in your list via the “+” button on the Daily page. Here you can add the time and dosage of your intake. You can record past intakes or create reminders for future intakes.
Yes, you can change the dosage for each intake. For this purpose, tap the intake card on the Daily page and then tap “…”. After that select “Change dosage”.
mediteo can remind you when it is time to get a new prescription or buy a new package of your medication. For this purpose, when adding medication to your list, set the toggle button on the “Refill Reminder” screen to On and enter how many days in advance and at what time you would like to receive the refill reminder. Then enter the remaining amount for your medication. Once you have added your treatment, the remaining amount and the remaining days will be displayed on the detail page for this treatment and on the expanded intake card on your Daily Page.
If you would like to switch the refill reminder on or off or change its settings later, please tap on the treatment card on the “Treatments” page and on the following page tap on “Tap here to set refill reminder”.
The remaining amount of your medication is automatically updated when you mark an intake. Hence please make sure to carefully track your intakes so that the remaining amount can be calculated correctly.
Once the remaining number of days has reached the threshold defined by you, the remaining amount will be shown in red on your Daily Page and on the details page of the corresponding treatment. You will receive a notification that it is time to refill your medication at the time you chose. Choose the option “Remind me tomorrow” if you would like to receive another notification on the following day.
If you have set up the refill reminder (see “How do I set up refill reminders for my medication”), there are several possibilities to indicate that you have refilled your treatment:
- Tap on the refill reminder notification or on its option “Refill now”. This will open a page on which you can enter the amount of medication you would like to add.
- From the Daily page, tap on the intake card of the treatment you want to refill and then on the section displaying the remaining amount. This will open a page on which you can enter the amount of medication you would like to add.
- From the Treatments page, tap on the card of the treatment you would like to refill and then on the section displaying the remaining amount. This will open a page on which you can enter the amount of medication you would like to add.
Intake Reminders (11)
No, all reminders are saved in mediteo. As long as you enable mediteo to send notifications (only required for iOS) you will receive all reminders on time.
No, all reminders are saved in mediteo. As long as you enable mediteo to send notifications (iOS) or ignore battery optimization respectively (Android), you will receive all reminders on time. Please see “I’m not getting reminders” to find out how to enable notifications from mediteo.
Simply put: It saves you time and effort! By allowing mediteo to send you reminders that include the medication name and dosage, you can check your intake without even opening mediteo. It’s the best service we can provide: reminding you to take your medication with minimum disruption to your lifestyle.
If you do not react to the first reminder, we schedule a second one 10 minutes later. This way we want to help you to take your medications on time.
We bundle all intakes that are set for the same time to make it easier for you to accept all your intakes in a single tap. Similarly, you can snooze all intakes in one tap. If you would like to update a single intake, tap on its intake card and this option will become available.
You can mark or update an intake directly from the lock screen. Swipe the first intake notification to the left (iOS) or to the bottom (Android) and choose one of the options displayed. In the “More” settings you can switch this function on or off at will.
This section will help you if you do not receive any messages or reminders from mediteo. You should check the following options.
- Settings in mediteo (Optional, All Systems)
- Notifications in System Settings (All Systems)
1) Make sure mediteo can send messages with sound.
- In mediteo> More> Settings> notification sound, must be activated
2) Make sure mediteo is allowed to send messages.
- Settings > mediteo > Notifications, must be allowed
- Settings > Do not disturb, must be deactivated
- Settings > Sounds > Ringing and alert tones, must be loud enough when you want to hear a sound (and the switch on the side of the device must not be set to silent)
3) Further steps
If none of the above points make your notifications work again, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
This section will help you if you do not get any notifications or reminders from mediteo for Android. You should check the following options
- Settings in mediteo (Optional, All Systems)
- Notifications in System settings (All Systems)
- Vendor-specific options in System Preferences (Android only)
1) Make sure mediteo can send messages with sound.
- In mediteo > more > settings > notifications, should not be muted
2) Make sure mediteo is allowed to send messages.
- Search for “mediteo” (usually under Apps> (App Info)> mediteo) and check under “Notifications” that messages can be sent according to your request and under “Battery” that the app may run in the background (turn on “Background activity”).
- Search your system settings by searching for “unrestricted access” and allow it for mediteo or “data saver mode” and disable it for mediteo.
- Search your system settings by searching for “Battery Optimization” and allow mediteo to ignore them.
- If you use the “Don’t disturb” mode, search your system settings by searching for “Don’t disturb” and enable high priority for mediteo to send access or messages.
3) Vendor specific options
Depending on the vendor, different functions are used that can influence mediteo’s notifications and messages. Therefore, you must put mediteo on the list of apps that are allowed to ignore these features (sometimes called white lists).
If your vendor is not in the following list, we recommend looking for administrative or optimization settings in the following categories.
- Don’t disturb / Important apps
- Battery optimization / performance optimization
- Run apps in the background
- Run autostart
- If you are using the “Smart data saver”, System Settings > Wireless and networks > Data usage > Smart data saver > disable the data saver or enable unrestricted access for Telegram.
- System Settings > Apps> mediteo> Mobile Data> turn on Background activity
- System Settings > Security> Autostart Management> mediteo, enable
- System Settings > Battery> Battery Performance Optimization > mediteo, on list with allowed apps
- System Settings > Device maintence > Battery> Unmonitored Apps> Add mediteo
- System Setting s > Battery > “…” > Battery Performance Optimization> Battery optimization > Apps > mediteo, never
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Device Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – mediteo needs to be Protected
- Device Settings > Apps > mediteo > Battery > Power-intensive prompt and Keep running after screen off
- Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage and here:
- Switch Power Saving Modes to Off
- Choose the next options: Saving Power in The Background > Choose apps > select mediteo > Background Settings > No restrictions
- Security > Battery > App Battery Saver > mediteo > No restriction
- Open Security app > Permissions > Auto-start
- EMUI 6+ devices (and some EMUI 5 devices)
- Phone settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Phone Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – check for mediteo as Protected
- Phone Settings > Apps > mediteo > Battery > Power-intensive (prompt [x]) and Keep running after screen off [x]
- Phone settings > Apps > Advanced (At the bottom) > Ignore optimisations > Press Allowed > All apps > Find mediteo on the list and set to Allow
- Huawei P9 Plus
- Phone settings> Apps> Settings> Special access> Ignore battery optimization> select allow for mediteo.
- Huawei P20
- Phone settings> Battery> App launch and then set mediteo to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.
- Huawei Honor 9 Lite, Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Phone settings > Battery> Launch and then set mediteo to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.
- Power Manager > Mobile Manager > Settings > Uncheck: “Clean up in suspend” and “Auto-deny apps from auto starting”. Or uncheck just for mediteo.
- System Settings> Green Banner (if any), disable
- System Preferences> Notification> mediteo> Disable everything except Do Not Disturb
- System Preferences> Apps> mediteo> Data Usage> Enable Background Data Usage
- System Settings > Apps > Gear Icon > Special Access > Battery Optimization
- Phone settings > Battery > Battery optimization > switch to the All apps list (Top menu) > mediteo > Don’t optimize
4) Further steps
If you still experience problems after all those steps, feel free to contact us via [email protected]m.
mediteo uses a default sound for the notifications. To change it, navigate to the “More” page and tap “Settings”. You now have the possibility to switch the sound for your notifications on or off by moving the toggle button in the “Ringtone” section. You can also choose a different sound from a list by tapping the “Ringtone” field.
If you can’t take your medication on time, choose the intake in your Daily Plan and use the “…” button to indicate whether you would like to snooze it for 30 minutes. You can snooze any reminder at any time or even re-snooze the reminder if needed. If you allow mediteo to send notifications, you can also snooze an intake by sliding the corresponding notification to the left (iOS) or to the bottom (Android). This will snooze the intake for 1 hour. You can use this feature as many times as you need. In addition, it is possible to snooze a reminder that is scheduled for the future (but it has to be on the same day). In this case, the snooze will start from the intake time.
At present your intakes always appear at the same local time. This means your morning intake at 9am will also appear in New York at 9am local time. Hence please check whether your intake times are correct. In future we would like to provide you with the option to choose whether you would like to adjust your intake times to the new time zone or leave them as they are.
Medication Information (1)
With mediteo you always have important information about your treatments readily available. Tap on the treatment card on the Treatments page and then on the tab “Package” followed by the section “Leaflet” to review important advice on taking the medication, interactions and side effects.
Medication Safety (3)
Since 1 October 2016 you are entitled to receive a Bundesmedikationsplan if you take or apply at least three treatments with a systemic effect that are paid by the public health insurance at the same time. The application needs to be intended to last for at least 28 days. The BMP can be handed out to you by your doctor or pharmacist. Ideally it should comprise all prescription drugs as well as self-medication. It lists the active substance, dosage, the reason and advice for the intake. In addition, the paper plan has a barcode, which contains the all its information in digital form and enables scanning and updating it in the doctors’ practice, in pharmacies and hospitals.
You can easily scan the QR code on your Bundesmedikationsplan and set up the reminders for the treatments it contains with one click. You can access the scanner by clicking the “+” icon on the Treatments page and then tapping the barcode symbol in the top right corner of the following page.
If you add a treatment which has the same active ingredient or the same class of active ingredient as a treatment that is already in your list, this will be shown as a warning while you are adding the treatment. On the Treatments page, the two treatments will be marked with a red icon showing two overlapping rectangles. With this icon, mediteo wants to indicate double medication so that the next time you see your doctor you can clarify whether there is a risk of overdose. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist whether these warnings are relevant to you!
My Diary Feature (5)
In order to add a new measurement value, tap the “+” button either on the Daily page (and then select measurements) or on the Diary page. Select the measurement for which you would like to add a value from the list and enter your data. After that tap on “Done”. You can now review your measurement on the list of entries and on the graph on the “My Diary” page.
You can review your measurements of the past 7 days on the “My Diary” page as an entry in your list and on the graph. To review a different type of measurement (e.g. blood sugar level instead of blood pressure), tap the drop down menu on the “My Diary” page and select the respective measurement from the list.
In order to delete a measurement value, go to the “My Diary” page and swipe the entry you would like to delete to the left. Tap “Delete” and confirm this action. Your measurement will then be deleted from your list and from the graph.
You can change a measurement you previously entered by tapping the entry in the list on the “My Diary” page and changing the data. Then tap “Done”.
At present unfortunately only medication data can be synchronized via CGM LIFE. However, we are already working on extending the synchronization to other data.
User Profile (2)
No, you do not have to enter any personal data into mediteo. You have the possibility to enter your name and date of birth on the Profile page, but this is voluntary and the data are only used to personalize mediteo.
If you are using mediteo without an account, press the profile icon in the top left corner which you can find on each page. Then press the edit icon in the top right corner of the profile page to change your profile data. If you are logged in with your CGM LIFE account, you can only change your profile data online e.g. at https://app.mediteo.com/en/login.
Other Features (2)
iOS: In order to print the list of your medications or export it as a pdf, go to the “Treatments” page and tap “Options” in the top right corner. Tap “Select all medications” to choose all your medications, or tap “Select medication” and tap on individual treatment cards to print or export only specific medications from your list. Tap “Print” in the bottom bar and choose a printer from the list of available devices. You will receive an overview of your current medications, their intake schemes, and dosage.
If you select “Export” instead of “Print” in the bottom bar, in the next step you will be asked to set a password. This password is used to encrypt the pdf document with your medication list in order to protect your sensitive medical data. The password can be up to 32 characters long and may contain letters, numbers and some special characters. Once you have entered your password, tap “Create” and choose whether to save your document on your device, or send it via email, etc. To open the document after it has been saved or sent, you will need to enter your password again.
Android: In order to print the list of your medications or export it as a pdf, go to the “Treatments” page and tap “…” in the top right corner. Tap “Select all medications” to choose all your medications, or tap “Select medication” and tap on individual treatment cards to print or export only specific medications from your list. Tap the printer icon in the top bar and choose a printer from the list of available devices. You will receive an overview of your current medications, their intake schemes, and dosage.
If you select the share icon (a lying down “V” with circles on each end) instead of the printer icon from the top bar, in the next step you will be asked to set a password. This password is used to encrypt the pdf document with your medication list in order to protect your sensitive medical data. The password can be up to 32 characters long and may contain letters, numbers and some special characters. Once you have entered your password, tap “Create” and choose whether to save your document on your device, or send it via email, etc. To open the document after it has been saved or sent, you will need to enter your password again.
Starting from version 3.0.0 mediteo automatically marks your intakes as “missed” if you do not mark them as “taken” or “skipped” within one hour of the scheduled intake time. This will allow you to get a clearer view of the medication you took or did not take. If you actually took your medication and just forgot to document this in mediteo, you can confirm your intakes in retrospective by tapping the exclamation mark. You will then be able to indicate when you took your medication.
*After you have pressed the button ‘send’, you will see a loading symbol. However you message was sent successfully. Thank you.